CV Computer Status ....

Kai Zang kaizang at
Wed Aug 22 13:52:21 PDT 2012

Hi Micromanipulator 6000 Community,

I've done CV measurement with Yangsen Kang at noon. And the curve measured to be OK.

Thanks so much for John's help. =)

Electrical Engineering
Stanford University

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Shott" <shott at>
To: micromanipulator6000 at
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:35:29 PM
Subject: CV Computer Status ....

Micromanipulator 6000 Community:

I believe that the CV Measurement Capability has been restored.  I've
actually moved the existing SCSI hard disk, disk controller, and HP-IP
bus controller into a newer (but, still antique ...) computer.

The CV program now starts from DOS mode.  If you find that the machine
is running Windows when you come up to it, you need to select the
"Shutdown" item from the "Start" Menu and then select the "Reboot into
DOS Mode" (or words to that effect).

While I have not had time to make a real measurement, Kai Zang has
volunteered to do so (if nobody beats him to it) tomorrow morning.

Let me know if you encounter any further problems.