Interlock problem

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 16 07:30:53 PDT 2012

Kai:

What voltage were you trying to use?  The B1500 has an external
interlock cable that won't allow SMU voltages to exceed +/- 42 V unless
the interlock is closed.  I only realized this recently ... Julie Segal
pointed this out to me ...

We have ordered parts to attach magnetic proximity switches to the cover
of the probe station so that the interlock will be satisfied when the
probe station is closed (or mostly closed).  Unfortunately, while most
of those parts will be shipped to us in the next couple of days, one of
them won't arrive until the first week of Novemeber.

Were you trying to apply voltages higher than 42V, or were you seeing
this error under all circumstances?

Thanks,

John