Problem mrc 2001-04-12 20:43:09: mrc peak voltage meter reads zero

gmclean at snf.stanford.edu gmclean at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 12 08:43:12 PDT 2001

The peak voltage meter on the mrc machine does not register anything when the RF power is turned up. The forward power suggests that a plasma has been struck, but there is no glow in thechamber, and etching does not progress.
I was attempting a sputter etch using 10 sccm Ar at 10 mT, I turned the forward power up to 100W and tuned the reflected power down to about 5W, but could not see any glow through the window. I ran in this condition for over an hour without seeing any evidence of etching of my sample.