Comment mrc SNF 2010-11-09 15:34:51: From Jim McVittie

latta at snf.stanford.edu latta at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 9 15:34:51 PST 2010

I was able to get some time on the MRC today. I opened up the RF compartment under the electrode. I found another loose RF connection. While I had the compartment open, I changed the water cooling path so we should get better electrode cooling. While testing the plasma, I noticed that the O2 flow gives a higher pressure than what you get with Ar at the same flow. So I did a quick pressure rise comparison between Ar and O2 at a flow of 10 sccm. I found the O2 flow is 26% higher than the Ar flow at a setting of 10 sccm. Again I found no matching problems when I ran a O2 plasma at 150 W at a pressure of 25mT.
       Jim