Freon 23 update ...

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 22 13:41:32 PDT 2009

SNF Lab Members:

As you know, we unexpectedly ran out of Freon 23.  Elmer has found that
we had a leak in the high-pressure vent valve that was largely
responsible for draining the cylinder.  Because the output of that valve
runs to a vented exhaust, it was tricky to detect.

As you may also be aware, our original replacement cylinder was
scheduled for delivery on Friday.  David Cala has worked hard to
identify an alternative source that has scheduled delivery for tomorrow
(Wednesday).  While we don't yet know exactly when that cylinder will
arrive tomorrow, we are confident that this will allow us to return
these important tools to service in a much more timely fashion.

We try hard not to run out of gas without a spare on hand ... and
apologize that it happened this time.

Thank you for your continued support,

John