MRC gas whitney valve

jim kruger jimkruger at
Sat May 29 18:39:03 PDT 2010

My note is to encourage  users to follow the training:  Leave the valve in the position last used. If you really feel it necessary to close the valve to reduce the small chance that some freon might leak into your process, pump down the line or you have done no good.

If the valve is left closed, I don't know which gas was last used so must waste time pumping the line before switching to the Freon I need.
--- On Sat, 5/29/10, Kyung Hoae Koo <koo1028 at> wrote:

From: Kyung Hoae Koo <koo1028 at>
Subject: MRC gas whitney valve
To: "jim kruger" <jimkruger at>
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 12:52 PM

Hi Jim,

Today morning, I first tried to sputter Pd with Ar in MRC and saw your message about the whitney valve. I thought I shouldn't close the freon gas valve unless I know how to deal with that. What do you mean by I shouldn't close it unless I pump down the line? Can you give me more detail or procedure about it before I etch my Pd pad?

Thank you