Problem nanospec 2003-01-17 13:01:13: in litho

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 17 12:58:51 PST 2003

Nanospec Users,

I have checked the calibrations on both nanospecs several times since
Jan 1. They both were agreed with the ellipsometer within a few percent.
I am working on the  problems on both nanospecs.

Intermittent shut -- On the litho tool, this afternoon I plan on seeing
if the problem is indeed caused by the PC by replacing it temporarily
with a laptop.

Noisy Photo signal -- Although we are getting good measurements on the
nanospec near Drytek2, there is a lot of noise in the photo signal. I
took the photo unit apart the other night and did not find any
problems.  I will try looking at the supply voltages this weekend.
Note that for good undoped Poly thicknesses on this tool, you need to
use the default ni (3.00) and not the ni (near 4.00) from a ellipsomter
measurement or the default ni (near 4.00) from the other nanospec.

    Jim McVittie