Nanospec Problems

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 17 18:57:28 PST 2003

Nanospec Users,

Rohit Shenoy and I spend a bit of time this evening trying to solve the
Nanospec problem.

Litho Nanospec -- We believe that the intermittent shut problem was caused
by the floppy drive. The system was not setup properly in that it was
running in DOS off the floppy. We modified the Autoexec and Config files to
allow the system to boot up in DOS on the C drive.
It no longer uses the floppy drive during operation or during booting.
Hopefully, this will solve the problem. We did not see any clashes after we
made these changes.

Drytek2 Nanospec -- The noisy measurements indication by the photointensity
readout appears to be a display problem. When we placed a voltmeter on the
actual signal going to the computer, we found that was no noise problem. So
there should be no problems with the actual measurement which agrees with
the calibration measurements that I made. In the weeks ahead, I will try to
solve the display problem.

    Jim McVittie