More Nanospec Problems

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 23 09:14:55 PST 2003

Nanospec Users,

Wednesday evening, I found the light bulb out the litho area nanospec was out.
I replaced the bulb. The light did not come on until I wiggled the wire
carrying thye power to the bulb. It was running ok when I left. I did not have
time to find the loose connection. We will most likely see this bulb problem
again until we fix the loose connection.

Also on Wednesday evening, I found the grading motor mechanism had jamed on the
Nonospec near the Drytek. I powered down the unit until I have time to fix the
problem. I believe problem is being caused by the disintegration of the foam
light barrier around the view window for the position counter.

    Jim