P5000 Logbook

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 28 14:29:36 PST 2002

P5000Users,

In trying to understand the recent arcing problem, I found that some users
are not fill out the log books. When problems occur, it is extremely
important that we have a good log of the recent
history of the chamber. In particular, I want to know # of wafers run, total
rf on-time, any
process changes for a standard process, bias voltages and anything unusual
that occurred during the run. If we continue to have a problem with getting
the logs fill out, some delinquent users may be removed from the P5000
qualified user list for a week or two. I expect, we can get compliance
without having to go that far.

By the way, there is still some debate going on about whether the 20 mT/600W
process was the cause for the arcing damage.

    Thanks,   Jim McVittie