chamber C qeustion

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:12:11 PDT 2004

Ilya,

There have been no changes in the gas flow rates in the std recipes
since the tool was first set up. All the std recipes were reloaded into
the new drive. New recipes created since the drive had last been backed
up were not reloaded.  The mass flow controllers (MFCs) had been
recalbriated in May. All the MFCs were recalibrated after the new drive
were installed. The one exception was CHF3 which has been running about
50% high since before last May. During the recent recalibrations, the
CHF3 was set to the same error it has had. We are in the process of
doing a characteration of the std oxide etch recipe to see if we should
correct the error in the CHF3 flow rates. The expected impact of the
higher CHF3 flow on the oxide etch process is lower resist selectivity
and profiles close to 90 degree. Since the resist selectivity has been
lower than expected ( it is about 2.5)  for sometime, I expect that the
CHF3 flow has been high for a long time (a number of years). The plan is
to have a new oxide etch process with higher resist selectivity but with
some profile slope for those users needing high selectivity.

    Jim McVittie