Status of HBr gas for poly etch

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Fri May 13 16:18:54 PDT 2005

Poly etch users,

Poly etch shutdown: We should be back on-line by Tuesday afternoon, May 17.

As you probably are aware, last weekend we experienced a gas leak in the
HBr source cabinet. The leak was properly contained by the gas cabinet
and exhaust system. The exhaust scrubber dealt with the errant gas load.
The gas purge panel has been rebuilt and installed. We have a new
cylinder of HBr installed and leak checked. One critical step is needed
prior to turning on the gas system. The toxic gas monitor failed to
properly indicate the presence of the gas in the exhaust duct. A new
sensor is on order and will be replaced on Tuesday morning, 5/17. The
sensor needs to be challenged with a test gas to prove proper operation
before poly etch will be back in operation. This test is scheduled for
Tuesday morning.

Thanks for your patience,

Dick