Undercutting of 2um wide 1um thick wires

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 19 13:37:48 PDT 2005

Ching-Hsiang,

The std process should work. I am sure we have done 2um Al in the past. It
sound like either you looking at the wrong end point, or there is a problem
with the process/tool.  110 sec sounds correct for 2 um of Al..

Here is the process I used when the tool was set up

        BT      Main    OE
Times   15s     150s    40s
press   30      200     200 mT
PW      300     450     500 w
BCl3    40      40      40 sccm
Cl2     10      30      15sccm
N2      0       40      20sccm
Bfield  0       0       0

The SEM showed no uncut. The etch rate was about 8000A/min.  Jim

    Jim