about microloading and aspect ratio dependent etching effect

Jin Yao jinyao at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 6 15:20:45 PDT 2006

Hi,

I was wondering if any other people concern about the microloading and
aspect ratio dependent etching effect in P5000?

 Recently what I use is Ch. C. Poly Etch with OX as mask, which is quite
standard Si etch.

 However I got ( twice ) 5700A for 2 um width gap and 8700A for adjacent 10
um gap in 80sec M.E. recipe.

Mine is not poly, though. is Crystalline Si.  Not at 3000A/min range as the
manual said.

Anyone have some comments on how your etching rate range is or how to
improve the microloading among your features?

Thank you!

Jin