Cl2 and HBr update

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 12 17:56:10 PDT 2007

Hello everyone --

Thanks for your patience as our maintenance crew works on the gas
supplies.  The chlorine line repairs were completed and tested as
planned on Monday.  However, problems with the HBr panel were then
uncovered.  Since both cylinders share the same cabinet and purge
system, repairs to the HBr panel prevented turn on of chlorine.  Repairs
of the shared system are now complete.  As of today, chlorine has been
turned back on for P5000etch.  Nancy has tested it and it is now ready
for metal etch.  On Monday, chlorine will be turned back on for pquest,
following a chamber clean.  Depending on user demand/feedback, the
monthly chlorine/fluorine chemistry cycle may be adjusted.  Chlorine
will be turned back on for lampoly on Tuesday.  We anticipate that basic
repairs to the HBr panel will be completed to allow HBr turn on Tuesday
to both p5000etch and lampoly.

Further repairs and updates to the gas delivery system are planned.  We
will keep you updated of any planned shutdowns of these gases.

By the way, Cesar and Elmer have put in a lot of time to not only make
these repairs happen, but put in measures to ensure against further
occurrences of this type  (Elmer especially, who's been on his own for
the past couple of weeks.)  Please do let them know they are appreciated --

Thanks,

Your SNF staff

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.