Chlorine problem

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 14 12:13:18 PDT 2007

Hi everyone --

As you know, there are concerns about the integrity of our chlorine
line.  We are in the process of collecting information, but as yet, we
have no definitive answers.  We don't know exactly when chlorine will be
made available again, although certainly not by this weekend.  Chlorine
will not be turned on until everyone is assured of its safe operation --
however long it takes.  It would be safe to say that this might be at
least 1 1/2 weeks.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.  If you need other etching
resources immediately, please consider the Berkeley Microlab (who have a
nearly identical Lampoly system as well as other Cl2 etching tools) and
the other NNIN sites (http://www.nnin.org -- see "Services" for process
and tool descriptions).

Mary

--