P5000etch status

Elmer Enriquez elmere at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 23 19:42:02 PDT 2008

     The current status of the P5000etch tool is:  Ch.C is up,  Ch.B is
down for the magnet not energizing and Ch.A is down for the wafer lift
position sensor.  To date, support from Applied Materials field service
has been abysmal.  During the past two weeks, they have been on site for
a total of less than 8 hours.  It seems that we are very low on the
priority list.  Customers with a service contract comes first.
Management is attempting to move us up the priority list.  I am also
trying to bring in another contractor who will be able to focus on the
problems.
    In any case, we believe all the damage has been caused by coolant
leaking from Chamber A.  So far, we have replaced a hard drive, a
digital I/O board, a chamber interconnect board and optical sensor
board.  The system worked briefly after they replaced the interconnect
board but failed again during testing.  Last time they were here, field
service noticed unusual voltage readings during their troubleshooting.
They suspect that the tool might have corroded connectors or a damaged
wiring harness.
    Field service might be here tonight or tomorrow to work on the system.

Elmer