HBr update

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu May 7 15:04:47 PDT 2009

Hi all HBr users --

As you probably know, HBr is unavailable.  The problem is not with HBr,
lines or equipment.  The problem is the toxic gas sensor in the HBr
cabinet, which is exhibiting a lot of noise.  There are plans in place
to replace this unit, but this will require a non-trivial upgrade (no,
it's not plug and play.)  We trust it will not be on the order of weeks,
but will have a better idea of timeline tomorrow, when contractors come
to evaluate and start the job.  It would safe to say, I think, that HBr
will not be available this weekend, but if all goes well, we hope to
have it next week.  I hope we'll have more info for you tomorrow.

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility