Problem pquest 2001-06-22 18:11:48: clamp sensor and thermometer problems

jwynn at snf.stanford.edu jwynn at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 22 06:11:50 PDT 2001

The clamp sensor started malfunctioning again today after I did several runs.  Using Gigi's suggestion of gently pushing on the lever to get it to sense it allowed me to still run further samples.
The thermometer is still misbehaving.  The cooling water was stable at 20C.  The computer monitor displayed the temperature fine until the step in my process where the RF and microwave power came on.  Then it shot down and read 0.3C or something similar.  The red LED temperature display read some ridiculous value.  On long runs (> 1 min) the thermometer reading recovered.
Janice Wynn