Shutdown pquest 2002-06-12 14:33:17: it happened again....

sabnis at snf.stanford.edu sabnis at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 12 02:33:18 PDT 2002

Len and Caesar:
I am sorry to report another wafer misload.  As Len
instructed me to do yesterday, I loaded and unloaded
the wafer several times before running my process
to verify that everything is okay.  The error today occurred
during the loading phase - as the pins went up the
wafer seemed to get stuck in the groove of the
wafer arm for a brief moment.  It then jumped up a bit
and was not loaded onto the pins properly.  I managed to
hit escape before the wafer broke.  My sample is attached
to the carrier wafer and I would very much like to retrieve it.
Since Len is on vacation, I will try to find Caesar at 4pm
today to get this fixed.  You guys must think I am a fool
since this happened three times now in recent days,
but I really believe that I am not misloading the
wafer on the wafer arm since I have been paying
extra attention to how the wafer sits on the wafer arm.
Sorry for the inconvenience.