Comment pquest SNF 2008-06-26 14:50:35: Update leak rate

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 27 09:38:34 PDT 2008

eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu wrote:
> Leak rate is about 12 mT/min.  Rate of pressure rise does not respond like an external leak because it slows down over time (or the higher the pressure goes).  Its acting more like out gassing or a virtual leak.  Requires more troubleshooting.

Elmer,

I did some leak testing on the PQ a few weeks ago. I verified that the
gate valve is leaking and that the amount of leakage is inconsistent,
i.e. it changes when the valve is opened and closed. So without
repairing the valve, I think it is hard to conclude much about the
nature of a leak.

    Jim