diagnostic etch wafers and processes

Randy True true at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 16 17:14:47 PDT 2002

Pquest Users,

I'd like to get some feedback on a proposal. The proposal is to define
standard wafers and etch process to use as a diagnostic for the Pquest.
Then when the tool comes back up after a shutdown or when problems are
suspected , one of these wafers can be etched and parameters such as the
bias voltage and etch rate can be recorded. This data can then be
tracked over time so that if a users starts thinking that his particular
etch process (on his particular wafers) is deviating, at least we can
determine whether the standard etch process is behaving as expected.

So, I'm asking the pquest users for suggestions on what to use as the
standard wafers and etch recipe. Is a GaAs etch the most common? Would
it be feasible to substitue cheaper Si wafers for GaAs?

Thanks,
Randy True