Passdown (fwd)

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 30 18:07:32 PDT 2002

Vijit,

My feeling now is that several things may be going on with your wafers.

1. The fact that we are not seeing the deposition on the dummy wafer, even at
85C,
seems to indicate that there was some chamber contamination or other problem
when you did your first run.

2.The fact that the room temperature GaAs and InP etch rates are normal
indicates that the chamber in probably back to normal.

3. The fact that the 85C InP etch rate is low may indicate that the
temperature at the wafer is not really at 85C. It is possible the position of
the themal couple or a heat path was changed during the repair.

I suggest that you try a run with an increased the temperature setting (+10C)
and that you do a temperature calibration run using the temperature dots. I
believe I have some temperature dots in my cart in the lab. Tonight, after
you finish your increased temperature run, the system will be opened up to
other users.

    Jim