pquest status

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Thu May 9 16:42:14 PDT 2002

Pquest users,

When the tool was opened for wafer debris removal, the quartz gas
distribution ring was found to be badly etched through and needs to be
replaced. A new ring is in stock here and is ready for installation.
That's the good news. The bad news is that the quartz microwave window
is severely etched.  Given the window damage and the toxic gases this
window restrains, by my inspection the window needs to be replaced
before the tool can be used again. A replacement window has been ordered
with overnight priority and should arrive Friday morning. We will
install it ASAP. The tool will may be a ready for conditioning by Friday
night or Monday morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dick