low temp operation

Randy True true at snf.stanford.edu
Mon May 20 12:56:20 PDT 2002

I have been doing some low temperature etches, setting the Neslab temp
at max cold. The neslab themp would get down to about -4.0C but the
chuck (as read on the screen) would only get down to 16-17C. This was
because the setpoint on the Watlow (the heater unit under the screen
with, that everyone says is irrelevant) was 20C and the heaters were
activating. So setting the Watlow setpoint to 0C brought the chuck temp
down to 0C. Len asked me to send this out for any other users doing low
temp etches.

--Randy True