PlasmaQuest Use

Randy True true at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 20 17:19:15 PDT 2003

Dr. McVittie,

What you told me on Wed was that you would "dictate" the new policy to
the non-GaAs, and you continue to be uninterested in involving us in the
discussion. I looked at the log book and counted the number of logs for
GaAs (including AlGaAs of course) and for non-GaAs materials. Here are
the results:
                  June      May
GaAs           15       14
Non-GaAs   32       33

Currently, there is twice as much use for non-GaAs materials. If you
really want to break up the week, the allocation should follow the
usage. It is not fair to "dictate" to the majority users what the new
policy will be. Why are you so insistent on not having a user's meeting
or even giving us the data?  You are skipping the trial and going
straight to the sentencing.

--Randy

PS. If you do divide the week, we are still going to have the issue of
maintaining "good" chamber conditions during the non-GaAs days.