Laser DVM battery changed--be careful of the back light feature

jim kruger jimkruger at
Thu Mar 24 17:58:24 PST 2005

With the help of zlrao, the battery in the DVM used
with the laser endpoint has been changed. (It is a
standard 9 volt).

Concerns have been expressed that the battery life
seems shorter of late.  I had not been aware of it,
but today I noticed that the DVM has a back light
feature (button labled B/L) which I'm sure is the
dominant drain on battery life if activated.  Be sure
the B/L button is off.  It lights the display even
when the DVM is off.

Do you Yahoo!?