Which days are GaAs users only?

jim kruger jimkruger at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 07:03:36 PDT 2005

The historical schedule has been Sunday through
Tuesday for non-IIIV users and Wednesday through
Saturday for III-V.  I have been interpreting that as
Su-Tu for possible use with F based etching (Cl not
excluded) and W-Sa for Cl and inert gas etching.  The
concept is that a Fluorocarbon memory might interfere
with Cl based etching.

I have been studying the question and believe that a
reasonable pre-clean with O2 followed by seasoning
with the recipe to be used should be adequate to
mitigate the memory effects.  I therefore promote some
flexibility in the guidelines; if no III-V use is
reserved, the system should be open to non-IIIV users
W-Sa, and similarly in the other direction.  While use
is fairly light, I think this should work.  If use
becomes heavier, efficiency may result from grouping F
and non-F etching.

An example:  no reservations were in place for this
week so I scheduled a training session for two
students on Thursday AM  (Cl -based etch but not
IIIV).

I am open to other opinions.  Jim McVittie has the
final authority on questions of use.  He generally
consults with a representative group of IIIV users
(gigi, raldaz, mwiemer) and  non IIIV,  (jimkruger)
when making a call.

I am happy to talk with anyone about use of the
system, or any processing question for that matter.

Jim Kruger
Cell phone 650-704-8902