Etching fused silica wafers in PQuest ECR etcher

Michael Wiemer mwiemer at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 12 17:13:09 PDT 2005

Are we etching Fused Silica in the chamber these days? As I remember the
gases needed for that were CF4 + other stuff (maybe O2, Ar).  I am worried
that the CF4 can polymerize in the chamber under the right circumstances
(particularly while developing a process).

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Jim McVittie perhaps?

Thanks,

-Mike