Dry etching of Al or Ag film

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 1 16:34:15 PST 2006

Hideo,

You should be directing you PQuest requests to the PQuest users. There is an
Al etch process already on the PQ. See Carl Faulkner for details. As for
etching Ag, there is no process process on the PQ. If you come up with an Ag
etch process, you would have to get approval before you could try it. I am not
aware of any plasma etch processes for Ag. Like Au, I do not believe there are
any volatile Ag products to build a etch process around. Probably the best you
could do with Ag is a sputter etch process with some enhancement with the
addition of Cl2.

    Jim