pquest update ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 1 22:44:29 PDT 2008

Pquest community:

As of Friday evening, we are not yet able to release the pguest for
use.  With guidance from Elmer and Mike, Jim Kruger and I tried to get a
nice 70 durometer installed in hopes that it would give us good backside
sealing and yet not stick to the wafer.

While we thought that we were very close to success, by the end of the
evening we were still experiencing enough sticking to be a concern.  We
have passed what we did and learned to Cesar in hopes that he will be
able to resolve this in the morning.

We know that there is high-demand for this machine and that it has been
down for an extended time but we are having  a tough time finding the
"sweet spot" of good backside cooling with acceptable helium leakage
coupled with trouble-free loading and unloading.

We'll provide a more detailed report .... with, hopefully better news,
after Cesar works on it in the morning.

Thanks,

John