Update ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 4 18:42:09 PDT 2008

Pquest community:

I know that a number of you are anxiously awaiting the return of the
Plasma Quest.  Sadly, as of this evening, I still cannot report that the
tool is ready for use .... despite much effort, we have been unable to
find the sweet spot that clamp hard enough to get reasonable backside
helium cooling and yet does not break wafers.  It sees that every time
we think that we've just about got it, we end up with a broken wafer.
Cesar and Elmer have both spent a lot of time fussing with it and Jim
Kruger has also spent a lot of time working with us, helping us to
reason through our step-by-step alignment .... but until we can honestly
report that it is behaving properly, I'm afraid of releasing the tool to
you.

One of us will try to send out a daily update ....

We apologize for the delays and inconvenience.

John