Update ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 12 19:35:16 PDT 2009

Pquest community:

With help from Jim McVittie and Jim Kruger, we were able to gain a
better understanding of why the application of RF power has suddenly
caused both the chuck thermocouple and the helium MFC to go nuts .... to
use a technical term.  In fact, we have eliminated the disturbances seen
on the helium MFC but are still seeing problems on the chuck
thermocouple.   To resolve this, we are working on additional RF
filtering on the thermocouple circuit.

We have components to be able to build an improved filter and will hope
to be able to test that tomorrow.  We will send out an update if we are
not able to resolve this issue by that time.

Thanks,

John