p5000etch and pquest updates

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:14:45 PDT 2011

Hi all --

Just so you know....   It's been determined that the BCl3 bottle
installed just last week really isn't BCl3.  The etches were bad and the
plasma color is off.  We're trying to expedite another bottle.  It
appears that our supplier has undergone some organizational changes and
is subcontracting their etch gases -- this is the third etch cylinder in
the last three months we've received that has been bad.  Needless to
say, there will be measures taken.  We will update everyone as we learn
more.

In the meantime, Elmer and Cesar have removed the turbocontroller from
p5000etch ChA (since there is no BCl3) and placed it on ChB to get that
up and running.  A new turbocontroller is expected any day, though
probably moot until we get some BCl3.

Our apologies --

Team Etch
(Elmer, Cesar, Nancy, Mary)