Update on process gases (BCl3, NF3)

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 29 16:53:10 PDT 2011

Etcher users:

As you should note from the problem logs on equipment, we are running
extremely low on BCl3 (pquest, p5000etch) and are out of NF3 (p5000etch,
amtetcher).  If you have critical processes, you may wish to delay
processing with BCl3.  If you are using BCl3, please make sure to watch
your gas flows; abort the process if flows drop.

BCl3 has been on order for a month and is overdue, but Elmer has just
been informed that it will ship tomorrow, due to arrive next Wednesday,
Oct. 5.   Please be warned that your reservation on or near the arrival
date may be taken over to allow for cylinder replacement and testing.

We do not have a status update for NF3 as yet.  The spare bottle was
ordered in good time, but found to be empty.  A second bottle is overdue
and we are trying to track it.

We deeply apologize for the disruptions.

Team Etch
(Elmer, Nancy, Cesar, Mike)

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.