Sn as an etching mask?

Sangmoo Jeong popomoo at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 16 14:20:32 PDT 2012

Dear pquest users

I'd like to use the pquest machine with a thin-film of Sn.
The thickness of Sn would be 30~60 nm and I plan to use it as an etching mask for Si.
And, the gas etchant would be Cl2, but I have no idea about by-products after etching.

Mary was concerned about the doping effect to III-V materials by Sn.
If I can use Sn on this machine, I will plan to use it about once a week for less than 30 min.

I will definitely request SpecMat about the feasibility check of Sn for pquest,
but I want to check first whether any pquest users have problems with Sn.
Please let me know if you have opinions or concerns.

Thanks.

Best
Sangmoo