Make sure to use EBR!!!

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 14 13:06:32 PDT 2012

Dear Pquest users:

There has been a rash of stuck wafers in the system.  There is some
suspicion that this may be due to trace amounts of resist that get stuck
on the wafer clamp fingers when they press down on the wafer during
processing.  Then that wafer -- or a subsequent wafer -- can get stuck
to the clamp fingers.  Since there seems to be an increase in the number
of people doing hot chuck processing, we suspect that this may cause the
resist to get soft and sticky, possibly resulting in more stuck wafers.

Please make sure to use 5 mm EBR (Edge Bead Removal) on your wafers.
Remember, you should select this option on the SVGCoat track program.
Do not skip the EBR process.   Do not use the 2 mm EBR (the clamp
fingers will overlap.)  If you have a special need for no-EBR
processing, make sure to do this on days where we have maintenance
coverage to rescue your wafer.  (It would also be courteous to let Elmer
or Mike know in advance, as well.)

Thanks for your attention --

Team Etch

--