monthly report 1/31/02

Gladys Sarmiento gladys at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 5 17:44:31 PST 2002

Accomplishments:  Trained and qualified thirteen new lab users on
various equipment
                              at the diffusion area.

Problems:  Tystar pump failure during deposition. Inside of the tube all
turned brown
                  including wafers that I was running for Don Disney.
Don't know what caused that
                  brown color. Same thing happened a few days ago but
the tube did not turn brown,
                  it just aborted the run, also at the deposition step.

On-going work: Continuous equipment training and  equip process
maintenance,
                  daily housekeeping.

Good news: The implanter ran well this week.
                   EE410 is now on Week 4, will be done in 2 weeks, if
all goes well. So far, the
                   class schedule is going smoothly.  I'm spending forty
per cent of my time working
                   on the preparation, training the TA's, attending
weekly meetings, scheduling
                   equipment and a back up TA.

Other issues: Tylan bank1 is now shutdown for the move.

That's all for the month.

--
Gladys Sarmiento
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility