Use of comments ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 18 10:08:36 PDT 2002

SNF staff members:

Just a gentle reminder ...

In Coral, the problem/shutdown/comment messages are sent ONLY to the
equipment_name-pcs at snf.stanford.edu mailing list ... and normal equipment
users are not subscribed to this mailing list.  I periodically see comment
messages that appear to be notifying the user population of that piece of
equipment about an upcoming scheduled downtime, a change in policy or
operating procedure, etc.

While I applaud the intent and fully support better communication with our
users ... those messages should be sent (using normal e-mail ... not the Coral
comment function) to equipment_name at snf.stanford.edu.  That message will be
sent to all qualified users of that piece of equipment ....

Thanks,

John