Lab Cleanup

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:21:43 PST 2003

Hi all --

I'd like to send an email out this week (sooner, rather than later)
about the annual lab cleanup.  What would you like to see this year?  In
years past we've done this:

1.  Ask people to recycle their bunnysuits if they don't plan on working
in the lab.  Then, just remove all bunnysuits from the lab on the last
day (the 19th).

2.  Ask people to remove all items stored outside of bins (including
wafer boxes, tool boxes, etc.) from the lab.  If there are items that
are needed during shutdown week (12/15-12/19), we ask them to red-dot
them.  All items outside of bins, including red-dotted items, will be
removed from the lab on the 19th.

Is there anything else we should have people cleanup?  (Recipes and
files from hard drives?  Chemicals?)  And what do you think of this:
how about if we have people tag their suit hangers if they want to keep
their suits that last week?  (I was thinking it would be kind of nice to
get a load of laundry in for Tuesday, the 16th pickup and might make
cleanup on Friday easier...)

Since there's going to be relamping and other duct work done, we'll need
to make sure that surfaces are cleared of stuff, so that everything can
be covered -- all the more incentive to get people to remove items from
the lab, don't you think?

Let me know what you think --

Mary

(650)723-9980