Warning: PLEASE CLEANUP after yourselves, or....

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 16 08:43:45 PDT 2007

Mary,

Thank you for sending out this message.  I too have been observing all
the behaviors you mentioned below and I was also about to draft a very
similar but somewhat more harsh message to users working in the FAB.

It is my normal practice to take a quick look as I leave the cleanroom
each evening for obvious hazards and particularly safety issues,
especially when I work late as it has been in the past weeks.  This
simple effort has resulted in some improved level of consciousness from
some Users but not everyone working in the Lab in the evening hours.
Point in fact, safety glass usage in the cleanroom area has been much
improved in the evenings. Everyone working in the cleanroom evenings
knows that I will point it out if they are handling chemicals or working
in the area without Safety Glasses or normal protective equipment.

Thank you for your support and efforts to address these concerns,

James Conway