Problem raith SNF 2004-08-04 14:23:28: Mag Range Three amplifier blown on Electron Optics board

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 4 15:15:02 PDT 2004

Raith Users:

A 30 keV EHT Trip event on the system last night resulted in damage to
the Electron Optics board on the LEO SEM package. Specifically the
Magnification Amplifier for Magnification Range Three was blown on
Electron Optics board and we cannot perform imaging above 13,250 X
magnification.

This will make SEM column alignment and stigmation adjustments difficult
in not impossible for most users.

LEO & Raith was updated on this at 7 AM 8-04-04. I followed up with them
escalating to 'system down' in need of immediate response at 1315 hours
080404 through both LEO and Raith Service desk.

We will update to this list tomorrow afternoon if more information
presents itself.  Currently the system is in YELLOW MODE and still
available to users wishing to attempt exposures on the system.

Thank you for your support!

James W. Conway