Shutdown raith SNF 2004-08-16 20:35:39: Raith shutdown

cwhicks at snf.stanford.edu cwhicks at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 16 20:35:40 PDT 2004

We were unable to get an SEM image on the LEO screen. All we saw was some stripy digital garbage at the top of the screen, and the rest of the image was entirely black, regardless of the brightness/contrast settings or scan speed. We were also unable to get any image on the RAITH150 screen. Restarting the LEO computer had no effect. It appears that an imaging board is broken.
We had been attempting to write at 30 kV. We managed to increase the gun voltage to 27 kV. When we tried to increase it to 28 kV we tripped the EHT; we don't know if this is what caused the imaging malfunction.