Problem raith SNF 2005-08-10 14:21:09: Someone used epoxy or corrosive materials on STD. SAMPLE HOLDER!!!

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 10 14:21:10 PDT 2005

Attention RAITH Users:
Will the user whom used conductive epoxy or other adhesives to mount their small pieces to the Std. Sample Holder -- PLEASE SEE ME IMMEDIATELY!
Evidently a User working with small pieces on positions 1 outer, two inner, both three inner and outer, and five outer on the STD. SAMPLE HOLDER employed either conductive epoxy, or a corrosive residue on the wafer backside, which has left residues which I cannot remove with normal solvents!  The result is that wafers and all pieces now cannot be mounted level onto the sample holder.    This is very poor behaviour to the RAITH community; likely we have to replace the standard sample holder.  (COST 10 -15K euro. est.)
James Conway 08102005:14:25
If you were that user or know whom this might be -- please contact me immediately.