Problem raith SNF 2005-02-08 09:39:24: Reports of increased scattering or leakage when blanked

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 8 09:39:24 PST 2005

Greetings:
Yesterday with Dirk Englund we observed an increase in the scattering from the Raith blanker on the RAITH 150 EBL system.
Parameters:
10 kV, 20 um aperture, beam I Raith blanker 'on' (Beam Off) =
0.023 nA. Beam I Raith 'off' (Beam ON) = ~ 0.087 nA.
Users are requested to measure their beam Currents both with and without the blanker 'on' and record the values observed in the RAITH users logbook.  Raith USA and I are working to promptly address this concern.
JWC 02082005 09:39