Zeiss has once again not shown up today as scheduled.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:35:19 PST 2005

Greetings:

I had expected Mike Santomango to arrive here on site first thing this
afternoon to continue our service run up and calibrations to the system
together with me. We had agreed at the end of the day yesterday to
resume our work at 12:30 PM after ~ 18 hours of conditioning at 1 keV
acceleration voltage.

I spoke with Cole Loomis on this need at ~ 14:00 hours informing him on
the no show, no call situation at hand.

It is now  14:22 hours and I have not heard from anyone at Zeiss
regarding this delay.  At 14:12 hours I called the 800 number at Zeiss
Thornwood Field service and was forwarded to the west coast operator in
Redwood City, CA and spoke with than person directly.  She was unable to
freely tell me where Mike may be located, so I asked her to have Mike
call me on my cell phone ASAP. My expectation is that he is at another
customers site and unable to respond to pages and cell phone calls as
many facilities have no cell phone access inside their buildings.

In consideration of the work that needs to be performed to bring this
system back on line within some reasonable accommodation to my schedule
needs; I will not delay any further and am going to continue to perform
the service ramp ups  and conditioning to 10 kV levels on my own with
Raith USA's  permission. (verbal phone with Cole Loomis.)

The purpose of this email is simply to document the sequence of events
for everyone concerned. No further action from management is requested
at this time.

Thank you for your support!