Re2: Zeiss has once again not shown up today as scheduled.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 5 17:03:08 PST 2005

Hello ALL:

Day end update.
I was not able to reach, nor have I heard from anyone at ZEISS SMT other
than the administrative assistance I reached in my original call.  Was
on the phone with Cole Loomis much of the late afternoon and he did not
get any responses to my knowledge either.  This is typically Zeiss SMT
behavior. Likely Mike Santomango is either at Headway in Fremont where
they are having their own crisis on startup this week, or with the usual
suspects at Hitachi Almaden.  Both of these facilities will not allow
cell phones into the cleanroom.

I have continued with the service run up and so far all is going well.
I think this may be a really nice FE-GUN as it is behaving very
uniformly during the run up, and ultra high vacuum has been maintained
in the -010 Torr scale.  Data collected is in Notebook No 2. if you are
interested.

Thank you,

JWC