Problem raith SNF 2006-08-11 10:25:10: nested load lock errors and a manual vent of system chamber

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 11 10:25:12 PDT 2006

Good Morning RAITH USERS,
System is currently down and we are hoping to recover...
Last evening a user encountered a load lock error or errors after they aborted, or shut down,the computer during a load lock procedure. The computer as not locked up and was logging the LL procedure normally.
The system was in a critical state when I arrived this morning with the robot arm in the main chamber and the pressure of the chamber was at Atmosphere!
Then some time after the Load Lock errors occurred  a manual vent of the system occured upon pressing the vent button on the LEO SEM control panel.
This crashed the turbo pump with a abrupt flow of N2 and vented the system chamber to ATM.
PLEASE NEVER -- EVER - PRESS THE VENT BUTTON ON THE LEO SEM CONTROL VACUUM PANEL.
THIS IS NOT THE LOAD LOCK VENT BUTTON!
Currently troubleshooting the turbo and mechanical pump for damage and attempting to pump down the system.
Should take about 6 to 12 hours to pump down.  Will update as progress is made.
Good Day,