Shutdown raith SNF 2006-12-08 12:26:52: E/O card damaged in EHT arc event...

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 8 12:26:52 PST 2006

I am attempting to recover the proper stigmator functionality.
Currently it is impossible to stigmate within the allowed range of the stigmation functions and the E/O card, if not severely damaged, will have to be recalibrated.
I am allowing the FE-GUN to run in over the lunch hour in hopes that this will improve the beam conditions and allow to stabilize in emission before performing the calibration routine on the Magnification amplifier and stigmation centering functions.
RAITH and ZEISS have been contacted and a service call is being placed by RAITH USA Inc.  Could not reach ZEISS by telephone, no answer...