Comment raith SNF 2006-07-18 16:55:08: System tested for operations at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 kV

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 18 16:55:08 PDT 2006

Greetings:
I tested the RAITH system at voltages ranging from 5 to 30 kV in 5 kV steps.  No significant increases in system or FE-Gun section vacuum pressures where observed other than the normal small increase and immediate decrease to base pressure when the Liner Voltage for the Beam Booster shuts off and ramps up above 20 kV.
User restriction on acceleration volltage increased to 20 kV.
Users wishing to work at higher acceleration voltages than 20 kV should see me so we can schedule a RAITH session together. I wish to be present when we increase above 20001 Volts for the first few runs.
Gun vaccum base is 5.45 E -010 Torr.
Thank you for your support!